EFFECTIVE TEAM BUILDING IS ABOUT PERSONALITIES
Team building is a true balancing act. While it’s important to have a team with the skills to get the job done, it’s equally as critical to have a team that can communicate. Understanding different personalities and how they interact is critical to success. You can use The McQuaig System when you’re assembling a new team or trying to fix a dysfunctional team.
TEAM BUILDING – PUTTING TOGETHER A TEAM
Building effective teams is a lot like recruiting. Just like any other role, there are criteria for success for each role on a team. Follow our 3-Step Process to ensure the success of your team:
- Use the McQuaig Job Survey to create a benchmark for each role within the team
- Assess internal candidates against the success criteria you created
- Equip the team leader to coach and develop the team with the Team Comparison Graph and Team Approach Report for each team member
TEAM DEVELOPMENT – FIXING DYSFUNCTION
Why do certain team members seem to work so effectively together while others don’t? What can you do when you’ve got a toxic team? Use components of The McQuaig System to perform a Gap Analysis of the team and create a plan to fix it.
- Using the insights from your employee reports and the job analysis reports for their team roles, identify any gaps or poor fits between employees and their roles.
- Look more broadly into how each team member will interact with others on the team using the Team Comparison Graph and Team Approach Reports.
- Finally, look at the Team Comparison Graph to identify the team culture and dominant behavioral profile.
The insights from this analysis will equip you to make the choices necessary to improve your team’s effectiveness; whether that involves coaching, training or replacing team members.
The reports are all easy to read and the insights clear and actionable. We are here to help you integrate McQuaig assessments into your team building processes.
McQuaig Job Survey
McQuaig Word Survey