Assess A Marketing Manager's Acumen
Used for recruitment and selection:
A Marketing Manager is responsible for a wide variety of tasks within the complex and competitive modern business environment. He/she is responsible for a job ranging from planning strategies to promoting a product/service to the target audience through means of events, advertising and campaigns. Mettl’s Marketing Manager Assessment thus measures the desired abilities required in a candidate i.e. emotional stability, learning agility, results orientation, strategic and analytical mind along with people management skills.
It also assess the knowledge level and understanding of the customer base, key trends in the market, advertising tools for promotion and branding, ability to effectively plan, organize and execute various marketing campaigns.
It has the following applications:
- Recruitment and selection of a right candidate for a marketing managerial profile
- Identifying gaps and preparing first-time managers
- Talent maximization
- Identifying areas of training and development
Key profiles the test is useful for:
- Marketing Manager
- Marketing Director
- Marketing Executive
- Online Marketing Manager
- Brand Manager
- Campaign Manager
- MBA with 2-3 years of experience in marketing
Test details: (use h2 tag)
Duration - 35 minutes
Reliability Score(i) - Cronbach's alpha .85, Split half method .87
Validity Score(i) - This ranges from .84 to .89 for different norm groups
Theoretical Basis - The Big 5 Theory of Personality
Language - English and Spanish (contact if you want us to support other languages)
- Mettl Personality Inventory- Assesses the person’s behavioral competencies for leadership.
- Mettl Critical Thinking Test- Assesses the critical thinking and decision making ability.
- Mettl Customer Focus Test- Measures the person’s ability to handle customers.
- Mettl Motivation Inventory- Measures the person's motivation level.
With a competency based approach to measuring the potential, this assessment measures four major competencies critical to metrics effectiveness in a retail organization:
Self Management Managing the Marketing Process
- Self-control 1. Result Orientation
- Self-confidence 2. Taking Initiatives
- Emotional Stability 3. Information Seeking
- Achievement Orientation 4. Problem Solving
- Learning Agility 5. Perseverance
Managing the Customer Relationship Strategic Planning Skills
- Understanding customers' needs 1. Analyzing Bestsellers
- Networking with others 2. Competitors' Performance Awareness
- Influencing Others 3. Gathering customers reactions to products 4.Planning product ranges and stocks